Become part of an elite League group
by Alexis Dorsey, VP and Observer Corps Chair
The Observer Corps (OC) is a group of LWVAAC members who actively observe Anne Arundel County government to gain understanding, promote transparency and accountability, and identify issues of importance to the League, our members and ultimately county residents.
- choose their area of interest;
- self-manage their time commitment;
- serve as the League's eyes and ears on local issues;
- learn to interpret and apply League public policy positions;
- witness local government in action;
- demonstrate to elected officials that the public is interested and watching what they do;
- share the knowledge they gain with others.
While members of government always appreciate seeing a League member in the audience, many agencies hold their meetings virtually and may be viewed on Arundel TV without leaving the comfort of your home.
See all posts
Tuesday, February 07, 2023 at 12:30 PMMichael E. Busch Annapolis Library (conference room) in Annapolis, MD
The Membership Orientation is a conversation-style meeting to further understanding of how the League Empowers Voters and Defends Democracy. Since 1920, League members at the grassroots have found innovative ways to uphold the League’s principles and practices. How do we do it? How does each member fit in?
Sunday, February 12, 2023 at 11:00 AMWestfield Annapolis Mall, Food Court
Join us in celebrating the 103rd birthday of the League of Women Voters!
We will be walking and socializing in a Mall Walk on Feb 12 at Westfield Annapolis Mall in honor of the League's Birthday.
Meet in the Food Court at 11 am.
Share this page